Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Vanilla Part Duece

Well, it only took almost a month but Vanilla and I were finally able to figure out a time to go out that would work for both of us.  Really it is mostly on his end that is the issue but we still manage to find time to talk every day.

In any event, Date 2 was just like Date 1 and he still is deserving of his Vanilla name.  I went home and took care of the dogs and patiently waited for his call. Honestly, we knew we would do SOMETHING but what and when was still a mystery.  He called about 5:30 and said he was stuck in traffic trying to get home.  Now, we live on polar opposite sides of town which in Lincoln terms wouldn't be a big deal.  But, think driving from South Point to I80 via 27th Street.  That is the best scenario I can give you so, it isn't always the easiest thing to do.

So, I agreed to head south.  Of course, Finn was being his normal problematic self and had to puke on the rug before I could leave.  Apparently he still was housing garden hose remnants in his stomach from last Friday in addition to the plastic garden hose handle he decided to chew on the night before.  So, finally got that mess cleaned up and then had to go back out and fill the water dish back up.  I never understood why the water bowl was always empty when I got home but after watching him shovel it out with his paw, it became clear.  Darn dog. 

Vanilla was still in a prep stage when I got to his apartment (translate still in a towel).  So, I waited for him to finish up and then we headed out for dinner.  Lonestar Steak House it was.  As with the other date, dinner was normal and conversation just flowed.  I will say that I did experience a first in having my car door opened for me and all the other doors opened for me.  It was something I could get use to.  I also will have to get use to the compliments, which can't be a bad thing.

Afterwards, we headed back to his apartment.  We watched Super Bad.  Here is all I can say about that movie, it is a dude movie.  Yes it was funny, but such a guy thing.  I don't know if it would classify as one of those movies I could watch over and over. 

Some might consider it boring, but it was a normal date and a nice change once again!  Hopefully I won't have to wait another month to see him.  I finally got home and into bed at almost midnight so it definitely has made for a long today!

No comments: