Monday, August 27, 2012

Eat, Drink, & Be Married

Slide show of Paradise



That was the theme of the wedding, so the drink coozies said.  It was a three day weekend in South Padre Island, Tx.  Definitely wanted to be there longer.

NoDIY and I headed out Friday morning and our first stop was San Antonio airport.  KPY girl, one of my good friends & sorority sisters from Hasting College, was flying in from Minnesota.  So excited to see her since it has been way too long, 14 years to be exact.  I had to miss the "girls" trips when they had them because it was right after moving to Texas and didn't have a lot of vacation.  Well that and some of the girls that went annoyed the crap out of me and I didn't want to spend that many days in confined area with them. 

So the first order of business was lunch, it was after 1:30 pm and way late for me.  We found some random mom & pop Mexican restaurant that was cheap and really good food.  Then it was back on the road.  About 7 miles down the road, NoDIY asked if I bothered to look at a map.  Now he has been to the coast before, why would I do that?  Silly me, silly him.  Long story short, I think we ended up extending our trip about at least 60 miles, if not more.  When you are talking about a 5 hour drive when taking the right route, 60 miles is a big oopsie.

We finally got in South Padre Island around 7 pm and checked into the hotel.  Pixie (the bride and a college friend) was having people over to the house they rented after the reception.  So, KPY girl, NoDIY and I went to an all  you can eat seafood and prime rib buffet.  The food was really good and the entertainment was just as good!  Of course, the singer did point out that I had two different shoes on while I was in line for the buffet.  Then some how it was brought up that we were from Nebraska, so we were picked on for that too.  But it was all in good fun.  Afterwards, we headed to Pixie's where we met a bunch of other people.  From there, it was off to a bars for a pre-celebration.

Saturday was a relaxing day.  We all slept in and then headed out for a late breakfast.  After breakfast, we hit a few of the tourist shops to see if there was anything we just couldn't live without.  With shopping out of the way, the only thing left to do was the beach!  It was a beautiful day, well after we finished burning our feet in the sand getting to the water.  I know understand what the warning was about!!! 

At 430ish, we headed back to the hotel to get ready for the wedding.  Let's just say there was about 5000 pounds of sand in our suits.  I can only imagine what the hotel staff goes through during Spring Break week!  I had never been to a beach wedding before and let's just say it was amazingly beautiful.  It was simple, the surf was crashing on the beach and well Pixie was just a beautiful bride!  The ceremony itself was short and we were done within 30 minutes.  Afterwards, it was off to the restaurant for the celebration! 

Sunday, well it was hangover, no sleep, drive day.  KPY girl had a 6 pm flight out of San Antonio.  NoDIY and I had to make a pit stop for his job and so it was 8:45 before I had picked up the dogs and could say I was home.  What a long weekend but so worth it!

No comments: