Friday, January 4, 2013

Another one bites the dust...

At NFP that is.

It started with my departure in October.  I know I didn't blog about it...ooopsie.  But, given the previous blogs, it should come as no surprise that I was not happy at my job.  I think the finally breaking point was when one of the guys on our team transferred to another department and my manager honestly suggested I take his position which he described as "entry level".  Really, you think so highly of me.

But that is water under the bridge, I am on to greener pastures.  And so to is Grace.  I think it is safe to say that Grace was just as unhappy as I was, maybe even more so.  Yesterday was her last day and so the girls got together to toast the occasion.   And toast we did.  Five bottles of Champagne did the trick.

I love my girls Grace, Gwen & Harriet.  We are all so different in so many regards and so similar in others.  I always had the ability to talk to them at work.  I saw them everyday.  However, it wasn't until I left that realized how important these girls were.  It was after I left that there was more than just work and as I told them last night, I think they become deeper relationships after leaving because you don't have that age old talk of how crappy work is to fall back on.  I've moved on and have grown from it.  Grace is now moving on.  Our friendship is not defined by our job but who each of us are.  Love you ladies!

And yes that is one of the 2013 resolutions, spending more time with those that are the important people in my life!

No comments: