Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The thing that affords me the fun the things

In other words, work. 

I think that in some ways, it is easy to get jaded.  You forget why you took the new job.  You forget why you thought this was the best job ever when you took it.  You get jaded.  You think you need to be paid more than you do.  Let's not kid ourselves, we all believe we deserve to get paid more for what we do.  I have yet to meet that person that says, nope I get paid exactly what I deserve. 

But, today is a remind of why I love my job. 

First and foremost...summer is creeping in and we are averaging 90 degree days.  But the beauty of the new job...yes that's right, I have shorts on today.  I assure you all of my previous jobs, that would never, NEVER, ever happen.  But today it does, tomorrow it could and next winter if I wanted it to, it would.  Jeans are even okay.  Sadly, I am finding my dresses only get used on Sunday's now for Church.  I could dress up for work but whenever one is so casual, then you feel over dressed.  So, not really a bad thing.

But most importantly is my special visitor today.  Yes, that is right, Mr. Finnegan is hanging with momma at work.  He had a groomers appointment today at 9:30.  So, he came to work with momma before hand and then is here to hang until it is time to go home.  The best part, no one cares. They want to come in and give him love.  He wants to give them love. 

Really, if it wasn't for his whining, they wouldn't know he was here.  He gets pissed if they walk by without saying hi and starts whining.  It's cute but annoying.

Guinness has also had the privilege of having a work day too.

So, I have those things going for me at work.  I have the great pay and the benefits that no one gets in today's economy...aka the company covers me and my family 100%.  I have the casual attire, I get to bring my dog to work on occasion, a short commute to work and I have zero of the stress that any of the other jobs afforded.  Yes, I had the boss get cranky on me once for something that was out of my control but unlike my old boss...he apologized and was far, far less scary and cranky.  If that was him at his worst, I'll take it.  Plus, a few of us have Red Solo Cup Friday's.  It isn't every Friday but it happens and it is the Friday's of the most stressful weeks!

And so today I am reminded of all the reasons I love this job and not the pain in the ass sales guys that annoy me with their other stuff. 

No comments: