Monday, May 4, 2015

Old Fashion

Well any update in the blog world would not be complete with an update in the dating world. 

Of course, since I had not updated anyone in six months since the complete debacle of ATM, I better start with the one that there was initial hope for.  Now keep in mind, I was at the point I was done with dating.  I mean what was the point because I really wasn't meeting anyone of quality substance even though the red flag radar was getting better.

Then Vanilla Horndog reentered the picture.  If you need a refresher on him, just go to the "My Peeps" section.  He and I had remained friends on Facebook and chatted every once in awhile but that was about it.  He had called me out of the blue one day and things were beyond crazy at work and so I never really got around to calling him back in a timely fashion.  Oddly enough, then one day I got a friend request from some guy I did not know but Vanilla Horndog was a mutual friend on Facebook.  Of course, I didn't do anything with it and sat on it until I had time to connect with VH

Well, as irony would have it, VH thought he had the fix for all of these dating problems.  He knew a cool single guy and in his opinion, me being the cool single girl, well he thought we would be a good match.  Of course, this would explain the odd friend request.  Now this guy was an employee of VH's and he thought we might make a good pair.  Now, I was still on the fence, but Unicorn said I HAD to go.  For one, in her opinion, this guy was obviously already vetted by someone that knew me and two, apparently was in a good branch of the military at some point. 

I figured why not.  Well, we made it two dates before I was informed I was old fashioned.  Everything seemed really normal and he appeared to be a really nice guy.  Had his stuff together, had custody of one son and a good relationship with his ex-wife.  Why was I called Old-Fashioned, you ask?  Wait for it....

Yup...I am not interested in dating a functioning POT HEAD.

Yes, that is right, he liked his dope.  Apparently he was high every time we went out.  Apparently he is high all day, every day.  BUT, he rarely drinks.  In his mind, being high all the time is being sober.  Sadly Vanilla Horndog was not aware of this and so I had to explain to him why this was not going to work out.  He felt bad.  No idea what it did to his job but I had to be honest.

I have lived enough to know that I prefer to enjoy most of my days sober and want my partner to be able to enjoy life sober as well. 

So friends, if you are not okay with anyone that can "function" at being addicting to a mind altering substance all day, every day...you too are:

OLD FASHIONED. 

No comments: