Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Where did November go?

Wow - I can't believe I haven't blogged in almost a month. I would say time flies when you are having fun but that would mean that I am doing something fun and not working.

It is hard to believe that Thursday is Thanksgiving already....I thought I just got back from my brother's wedding...the weeks & days are starting to blur together.

This year is going to be a VERY, very different Thanksgiving and holiday season for me. I am staying in Austin for both just because a) I don't have the extra vacation time and b) don't have the extra $$ to leave. This year marks the second year without Grandma at Thanksgiving. It is hard to believe that she has been gone a year already. I have the constant reminder (well as long as I whind it) of the farm with the clock they had in the living room. My old MotherMu (Mutual of Omaha) carpool will be here for the Thanksgiving. It is doubtful that we will have turkey but in honor of grammy, I will pick up some of that cranberry sauce - complete with the can markings!! It's really sad because I don't even know if my mom is having the traditional Thanksgiving dinner at her house this year with a house full.

Of course - I can say this much - it doesn't feel much of Thanksgiving being here or Christmas being around the corner. The trees are finally turning colors and it feels more "fall" than winter. However, in tradition the tree and Christmas decorations will be hung the day after Thanksgiving as we always did at Grandma Schmidt's.

Check back on Turkey Day as I will have my Thankful List!

No comments: