Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Family!!!

Yes, my last post ended with the ring of the door bell. Who would be on the other side...yes, my first family visitors outside of my parents since I moved to Texas over two years ago. Bout Time!

The original intent of the trip was that D & I were going to do the Austin Triathlon together. Well, insane work schedules and the weather being hotter than HELL, I quit training so it was D flying solo.

So, the Sisters & D arrived on Friday afternoon, sans kids since they were in school. First order of business...the outlet mall and the Salt Lick. Yummy for my tummy. Day 2...well it involved a lot of booze and water. Yep that would be the Guadalupe River. It was overcast and the River was low but I believe a good time was had by all. I won't go into how DirecTv wouldn't let us order the Nebraska game at half time. If we want to pay full price who cares when we order it?

Day 3...we had to check in D for the race and drop his bike off. Ultimately it ended up being a low key day doing things around Austin. I ended up sick for the afternoon & evening. But we still made it to the pool and The Oasis for supper. Unfortunately we were slow going so we missed sunset there. :(

Day 4...race day. We were up at the butt ass crack of dawn...4:30 to be exact. D was a trooper dealing with 3 cranky ladies that early and kicked @ss in the tri! Without the heat to train in all summer, he did fab and placed in the top 500, with over 1,000 people in the race. Once he was done, it was nap time for all.

At the end of Day 4, we had to celebrate a great trip. We headed to Joe's Crab Shack for some yummy seafood on Lady Bird Lake. C came out of her shell and even tried some seafood! I can't blame her - I didn't eat it until I moved here. Then since it was still early, we headed to Congress Bridge to see the bats take flight for the night. There is 1.5 million bats that live under this bridge and take flight every night. I think that C was not impressed. Then, we headed to Coyote Ugly. I believe enough can be said knowing that A was on the bar dancing & loving it.

All in all, I believe we all had a great time. I believe A said next time, we need to go downtown earlier in the trip and not the night before they drive back!

No comments: