Monday, August 23, 2010

God can you just put Mr. Right on my doorstep?

Dating sucks.  No if ands or butts about it.  Honestly, I am so done and over it, ready to give it up.  Although, my brother assured me to keep trying.  As he says "There are plenty of fish in the sea" you'll find yours.  Well I can tell you that they are not coming from Plenty of Fish anymore.  Done and over that site.

So, Wednesday, I had my first date with Guy#2 - he doesn't deserve a name, well unless DC makes me come back and name him and the other nameless guy.  Prior to the meeting, I still had to get my bike ride in with Runner.  It was hot and miserable with a 20% chance of rain.  Can I tell you what happened, yep that is right - we got the 20% in the form of a monster downpour.  You have to love the feeling of pointing your shoes down to up, you feel the water running back and forth in them.  Luckly we decided there was a chance for rain and headed back early, so it could of been much worse.  Of course, as luck would have it, I got my first flat tire as I rounded the corner off of Palmer. And for good measure, I couldn't unclick and now have a grand brusie to show for it.

After all that, I still opted for the date with Guy#2.  I figured it would either make or break my day.  As luck would have it, it broke my day.  Let's just say that with Internet Dating, the pictures they provide are subjective, they pick what they want.  This guy - well they had to be at least 5 years old - on a good day that is!  I was busted staring at his gages.  I mean they weren't huge but large enough to then wear hoops through them.  I don't get it.  The straw that broke the camels back, "Well my first wife".  Ummm, you have had more than one divorce?  I feel like a dating snob but I have waited this long for Mr. Right, if you have struck out twice already, I am not hopping for the third time being the charm.

So, Saturday brought date number 2 with previously mentioned no name guy.  This guy was on sitting on strike 3 and well, he didn't even get his bat off the shoulder.  First off I had issues with his weight.  Again back to photo issue, in no way did it accurately depict that he is 350 lbs (which I learned from him).  Strike 2 occurred when I got stood up the Saturday before.  Well, our date was delayed because it was more important for him to do the fantasy draft for his roommate who was out of town.  Whatever.  So, he had mentioned going to Fredricksburg for the day, he wanted to bet on his friends horse, and then get something to eat.  So, in my mind that meant a quick bet, walking through the stores in Fredricksburg and then grabbing some supper.  Oh, how wrong I was!

I got in the car and he informed me that he thought it would be faster to go to San Antonio versus Fredricksburg.  It was then that I realized that his "date" idea was to go to the horse track.  Now, let me make this clear, I realize horse races can be fun.  However, this wasn't live horse racing, it was simulcast.  He knew the old people that were there because apparently he goes every three weeks or so to the track.  Yep, Strike 3.

So, back to the drawing board.  God can you just put Mr. Right on my doorstep?  It sure would make life easier.

No comments: