Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Hangover

but not the hangover you are thinking. It is called the dehydration, lack of fuel, hangover.

So, after accomplishing the beautiful swim on Friday night, I headed out with part of the group to NXNW. Now for non-locals, a brewery. We had a couple of drinks and then I ordered a salad for super. However, I just wasn't feeling that hungry and only finished about half of it. Of course, I managed to forget the water.

Now, fast forward to Saturday morning. Again, no water, no breakfast. I headed over to Runner's house for my training. Being the trooper that she is, she was heading out with me on a 45 minute bike ride and a 15 minute jog. The humidity was HORRIBLE! It was in the upper 70's with an 85% humidity - LOVE IT! NOT! So - again not in my favor. (Just maybe, I can get Runner convinced she can do the swimming part and do a Tri with me!)

Well not even 20 minutes in, I feel sick to my stomach. Never mind I didn't realize how exhausted my legs were from the swimming the night before. It sucked. I even felt a little dizzy at a point. Not a good thing. I took in what water & Gatorade I had - but obviously not enough. Needless to say - the run didn't pan out. It was more like a wog - mostly walk with a hint of run every 4 minutes. LOL

Of course, I spent the rest of the day trying to rehydrate, refuel and get rid of the pounding headache and crappy feeling I had.

Hmmm - is it wrong to feel bad that I might of enjoyed an alcohol hangover more? I would of at least had a little fun the night before? :) Oh well - lesson learned. Drink your water boys & girls and don't forget to eat breakfast before a workout

1 comment:

Rockin Austin said...

That's right! You need to fuel to finish baby!!