Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Couple's Triathlon

I am just going to give this a brief bleep on the radar because that is how much I am trying to forgot this day. Runner has been my faithful training partner on the bike when I was preparing for the Cap Tex Tri. So, when she asked me to do the Couple's Triathlon with her because her husband wouldn't, I just had to. If I only knew then what I knew now. At the time of the yes, I didn't know that my dad would be in Austin for a week. Or that I couldn't get back on the fitness wagon after he left or that I would start dating Copier man.

Yes, the night before the race, I took out my bike for a spin around the block. The first time that I had been on it in over two weeks. UGH! I knew it was going to be miserable and it didn't disappoint.

By the time I crossed the finish line, it had to be close to 100. It was humid and miserable! The swim went okay. It was the longest swim I had done - 800 meters - to date and really didn't finish off my normal pace and didn't have any mishaps with being kicked, etc. Well the transition from the swim to the transition area was LONG and uphill. The bike - well so how I was confused on my time and overall - it sucked. I won't get into how they called this course "rolling hills". I would hate to see a course called "hills". I mean, who survives going down hill, taking a hard right because the road dead ends and then get around the corner to face a HUGE hill. There were many of crashes there and people walking bikes up the hill because they couldn't downshift fast enough. Then the run - well we will just say it was a walk for me. By that point I was so dehydrated to go with the out of shape that I had the chills.

And the crappy results are.......

No comments: