Thursday, November 11, 2010

It only took 6 months

Yep, that is how long it took to meet one of the guys. You can see references to him here: Is the glass really half full?: A whole lot of.... or here Is the glass really half full?: Date like a man.... Needless to say, we haven't gotten very far as meeting. That being said, I still talk to him almost daily. Every morning he calls on his way into work, before 7 am. Yes, me the non-morning person, actually talks to someone on the phone before I have a Diet Coke in me. That there should say enough.

For the sake of simple, we met up at Chili's. Let's just say that I will refer to him as Bargain Betty. (DC hasn't had an input on this but she will probably agree, if now we rename.) In any event, apparently Chili's has a "Happy Hour" until 6. Since I wasn't going to get there before six, he went ahead and ordered two of the appetizers because they were almost half off and it would be scandalous to pay full price. I might have my work cut out for me.

Overall, I had a nice time. He was what his pictures showed; he wasn’t another 100 pounds more than the pictures he shared and was really nice. I can see a date two in the picture, so we will see.

Other than that, not a lot else to report. Currently in countdown mode until the football party arrives. In exactly one week – I will be on a 8 day vacation! Whoop!

No comments: