Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A little bit of this, a little bit of that...

Do you ever wonder where time goes?  I am really beginning to wonder this sometimes.  Maybe that is why I feel scatter-brained - I am losing track of time and things.  Maybe I really am being abducted by ailens and I just don't know it.  Just Kidding.

So two weeks have gone by.  Well, let's see work - well it is there.  I still haven't made any decisions on what to do for my job.  So, I am learning to tell people nicely that I am willing to assist them and not interested in listening to them bitch.  (Maybe that is the glass half full coming through?)  I just don't think year end is the time to look for a job so we will see what happens after the first of the year.  Lowe's well it is there, kind of.  Honestly I have only worked two days out of the past two weeks and I am really okay with that.  I took a weekend off in the event we would of road tripped to Nebraska for the Texas game, which I am thankful we didn't.  Then this past weekend Big Country and his family came for a stay.  I think that I was running so much I didn't realize I was even off from there.

Big Country's visit was fabulous and I think they really had a nice time.  They got to my house pretty late on Friday so we just stayed up chatting until 1ish which is late for me.  Of course, being kids, I was greated with an "Aunt Jenn" way early in the morning (before 8) and wasn't prepared for it.  The same happened the next day in that they wanted me to walk the dogs....ugh no.  I gave them the scenic drive down Capital of Texas, headed to the original Salt Lick, took in the outlet mall, a few beers at Doc's on South Congress, saw the bats take flight and dinner at the Hula Hut.  Folks - that was all on Saturday...no wonder why I was tuckered out on Sunday!

As for the positive habits, yesterday was a good day.  It was Day one of change.  It was also a reminder of how I need to slow down and pay attention to the little details too!

Here is my summary for the positive habits:

Starting Weight (10/25):  187.7
Eating - Great.  Day 3 of no doughnuts!  Whoop!  I even had Multi-grain Cheerios and journaled EVERYTHING!  I went over in points but it is so much better than where I had been!
Exercise - 2 miles - 30 minutes.  It doesn't sound great but I was walking Guinness and she is the two poops on a walk kind of dog and you have to find "the spot" and circle a few times.  Plus some of the kids out on bikes had to say hi.
Cleaning - Does watering the lawn count?  Heaven knows I need either the rain gods to show or the money gods to show for underground sprinklers. 
Money - Okay.  I did splurge for Wing Stop but it was within my $ and I did journal it in my food.  Plus, I was able to avoid a crisis this morning discovered last night.  It is the little details.  I had thought I mailed my water bill in but then recieved the letter they hadn't received it and then forgot about it.  I remember last night before bed.  The deadline - 5 pm yesterday.  I have the worst water company in the world in that if you are 15 days late with payment - they shut your water off.  I have no idea why a deposit was required because it does nothing.  You can't pay by phone, or by the internet so I was just screwed, or so I thought.  So, after a few calls, I was able to get a hold of someone normal and they took my payment for last month and the bill I just received and helped me set up auto pay from my checking so I am good until December when the auto pay kicks in!  No more panicing on this every again.  Amen! 

So that being said, Day 2 of 21 days to a habit is off to a good start!  Both money & food wise!  Check back tomorrow for more.  :)

1 comment:

Rockin Austin said...

Yay!! All positive steps!