Monday, December 26, 2011

Twas the day after Christmas

and all was quite through out Ma & Pa's house.  I have really been blessed this holiday season.  This year marks the first time since 2007 that I spent the holiday's with my family!  I forgot how much I missed all the traditions.  While some of them have stayed the same, some have changed. 

So, Christmas Eve included mom and I baking some of Grandma Meedel's yummy rolls and mom preparing the traditional Christmas Eve chili.  Kim, Maddox and Shane all came out to the house so we could attend 4 pm Mass at St. Michael's.  Unfortunately, Travis was stuck on a train some where and it did not appear he would make the Christmas Eve celebration.  I will say that my nephew did quite well for not being two and being in Church for two hours!  After Church it was back to the house for Chili and Grandma's rolls.  Shortly after supper, we received news of a Christmas miracle and that Travis' train had tied down in Waco and he would be at my parents house before 8 to open presents!  All of the Schmidt Kid's made Christmas!

On Christmas morning, mom, dad and I headed to Trav & Kim's to watch Maddox open his presents from Santa.  Kim's mom also joined us and then we had breakfast afterwards. It was definitely a blast watching Maddox opening all of his presents this year!  On Christmas eve, he quickly figured out that a lot of the gifts that had Sesame Street on the paper were his.  Of course, he also tried to share presents so everyone had some!  By Christmas day, it was not necessarily about what was in the package as much as opening it.  He would rip off the paper, open the box and then throw that box to the side not caring what was in it, just wanting to open something else. 

Christmas evening, everyone came back out to the Schmidt Casa for dinner and laughs!  I am definitely blessed to have such a wonderful family!

Merry Christmas to all!
The Schmidt Clan - December 2011

No comments: