Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A New Year

Which can only mean new resolutions. 

I know, I am a week in already.  But that doesn't mean that the resolutions haven't been on my mind, made or even been in action because they have.  What I really haven't done is sit down and look at last year's goals and how I finished them. 

So, here are things for this year.  Specifically they are broken into two parts with a floater to start with.  :)

The Floater - this is the easy one, or at least you would think so.  This one just requires me to complete something off of my to do list every day!  I have a notebook that I keep in my purse that has everything that I want to accomplish in a week and then some.  It can be anything from running on x days, walking the dogs to cleaning a toilet to writing a thank you.  So, to make my list shorter in the long run, my goal is to complete one or two things on that list every day!  Easy enough.

Financial Goals for 2012:
1.  Pay off remaining to debts
2.  Maintain $1,000 in an emergency fund
3.  Pay off 75% of my car
4.  Make payments on my student loan

Healthy Goals for 2012:
1.  Lose 20 lbs (more would be nice!)
2.  Exercise 5 days a week for an hour
3.  Do 3 races this year, whether they are running, biking or both
4.  Each healthy!

So, while the goals do appear "easy", they are going to require work and focus on my part to achieve!  However, I am NOT scared.  Bring on 2012 baby!

No comments: