Tuesday, March 2, 2010

And the saga continues...

So, Sunday I had another date with a new guy.  DC has named him BB (short for Babies' & Baggage).  BB and I had been chatting for quiet sometime.  Because of how the schedules worked, this past weekend was the first opportunity that we had to go out together. 

We originally had planned on doing something on Saturday.  However, at the end of the day, I was just flat exhausted.  Normal Work had just been insane all week, complete with overtime.  I think on Thursday I finally pulled in the garage at 7 pm and had to turn around and leave for a softball game at 8:20.  My poor dogs probably hate me.  Then you factor in Lowe's, well by Saturday afternoon, I hit the wall.  I took an hour and a half nap (yes on a perfect day) and woke up feeling like crud.  I just didn't have the energy to put on a fresh face to meet someone in person for the first time.  So, I took the dogs for an hour walk and rain checked it.

So, Sunday was a much better day.  Amazing what sleep can do for a person.  So, BB and I decided to meet up that afternoon.  He came over and picked me up and then we just headed out to enjoy the beautiful afternoon.  There wasn't a lack of conversation and he took me to some sites around town that I had not previously been to.  We ended up at Sherlock's for drinks and dinner. 

I suppose that is when we go to the heart of things.  I was bugged that he was looking at a text message he go.  Either you are here with me or you need to be somewhere else.  I don't want to think I am picky or judging but at the end of the day, marriage is a huge commitment to me and one that I don't take lightly and believe is only made once in a life.  Don't get me wrong, I understand there are times that things don't work and you move on.

However, that said, here is what I didn't know about BB.  He has been married and divorced twice.  The first one lasted 12 years.  Then he was in a relationship for 3 years that produced a child, then married another that produced a child and divorced in less than a year.  So, two failed marriages and two kids with two different baby mama's.  Mathematically, none of the years adds up to a comfort level for me when he says he got married the first time at 18. 

Will we date again?  I don't know.  Am I comfortable with is all?  I don't know.  Am I being judgemental?  I  hope not.  Guess time will tell but right now, I am not feeling so confident in BB.

1 comment:

Rockin Austin said...

Hmmm...when three different women end up without the 'man' you kind of have to look at the common denominator. BB is an appropriate name, heavy on the BAGGAGE. You should be a little judgemental, this is your life.