Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Finally Here!!!

After much waiting on our part, the latest family edition arrived on February 11, 2010.  Maddox Vincent made Travis & Kim's family plus one.  He was a healthy little guy coming in at 8 lbs 1 oz.  I have no idea how Kim carried him, she is such a tiny thing herself.

I was able to get a great deal on a flight with Continental for the weekend after he was born and was able to go meet the little guy.  Here is a picture of him that was taken the week after he was born.  How can you not love him?



Here is what I can tell you about that weekend staying with Travis & Kim, I am not ready to be a single parent.  Poor little Maddox was not a happy camper that first night home.  In the end, they think it was a result of the circumcision.  Whatever the case, nobody got any sleep that night.  It was a four person rotation.  I can only imagine having to do that by myself.  Don't get me wrong, there is nothing more precious than a baby sleeping on your chest, but being awake all night, not fun.  I kept telling them to tell the visitors they could come between 10 pm and 6 am, pick a shift. 

I also saw something interesting that weekend too...a new side to my brother and cousin Luke.  I just don't know how I can describe it other than you just had to be there.  Imagine being in the kitchen, eating lunch and there is your brother and cousin, over beers, discussing breast feeding, nipple cream and heaven knows what else.  I'm not sure what to think, I think I want the comedians back. 
 

No comments: