Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Plus Size Suits are downstairs....

I, like I think every other woman in the world, hates shopping for a swimsuit.  For me, it isn't just how one looks in them.  I am okay with my body, I embrace it.  My challenge is finding something that supports the boys.  Something that supports them and actually covers them. 

Yes I already have a swimsuit.  I have probably 20 suits.  But only one that I want to take on this cruise in a few days.  I am going to be gone for seven days, I can't possibly wear the same suit EVERY day.  So, I started shopping for suits.

I spent three hours on Sunday finding a whole lot of nothing.  I don't have the patience for Marshall's or other stores like that hunting through the racks to find something.  I looked and looked and found a whole lot of nothing.  Dallas and I hit Old Navy after she got off work and well I found one that was really cute....but it looked like cats fighting to get out of the potato sack.  I don't think the boys are meant to hang at my belly button.  By the time I felt I had a size that supported, I was then stuck with spillage out the sides.  Of course Dallas informs me she would take some of mine.  Gladly.

So, Monday it was off to the mall over lunch to see what I could find on the south side of town.  I hit JC Penny's first.  I couldn't find the suits and asked the sales lady where I could find them.  She was like - "just straight ahead by the elevator you will find all the swim suits.  Well, the Plus size suits are downstairs".  Seriously - WTF - REALLY?  Did she just say that to me?  Honestly I ignorned it and went.  I still think that some of my guy friends had the best suggestions...take her out, sweep the legs.  LOL

But at the end of the day - I found the suit and a cocktail dress for formal night.

My suit:


Here is the cocktail dress I got:


One of these days I will get to have my Pretty Woman moment and tell the sales lady to pound sand!

No comments: