Saturday, June 26, 2010

Blind Side

I have wondered what life is like for Finn being blind in one eye.  Honestly, most days it doesn't slow him down in the slightest and most people that meet him don't even realize that he is blind in an eye.  Some days I wish it would slow him down.  :)  As I have been getting back into the work out routine, I just think about what it is like for him.  Weird, I know.  While most don't see it, there are little things that I notice.  When we run and walk, he is always on Guinness' right.  If they get switched around, shortly there after they switch back.  My only thought is that he has Guinness to look out for him on the blind side and is able to watch from the other.  I work with a guy that is blind in an eye and sometimes I just want to ask him what it is like so I can understand what it is like for Finn.  But, I don't think it is right, and so I am only left to wonder what it like on the blind side.  I think Guinness plays the annoyed with my little brother a lot but at the end of the day, she is protective of him.

(Of course, as I say all this, WWF is happening right under my feet between the couch & coffee table.)

No comments: