Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Survival of Day 1

Now I admit that I was over half way through day one when I blogged yesterday, but at the end of the day, I survived and made it all the way through, relatively unscathed. So here is my summary for yesterday:

Eating - Outside of breakfast, it was a great day! I avoided the vending machine snack trap! My breakfast - darn doughnuts got me. I am going to challenge myself and see if I can make it the next 20 days without one. Darn crazy addiction. If anything - I at least know what will be a good lent sacrifice!

Exercise - Since it was a dual work day, I was pretty limited on what I could do. That said, I still managed to get in a 1.2 mile walk with the pups before I headed in.

Cleaning - Not anything to report, well unless you count having to give Finnegan a bath last night. In his true boy fashion, he found the mud last night in the back yard! So, for the consecutive day, he got a bath!

Money - Overall, I would say it was a great day! I like to use the Latte Factor (coined by David Bach), if you take that purchase and multiply it by the number of days in the year - is it really worth that expense? My total outlay yesterday was $2.27, of which $1.77 was for doughnuts. Now if I got them every work day for a year - I would have spent $460.20...definitely not worth the cost to my middle! The other 0.50 was for my two Diet Cokes. Definitely a good day and not having debt cards in my purse is working!

No comments: