Wednesday, January 26, 2011

We have a live one

On the hook, for dating that is. For the first time in a long time, I am actually optimistic about this one.

At first I was going to call him Contractor but DC said that was too long. So, after some thought, we will refer to this one as NoDIY - for no do it yourself since he is a contractor. In other words, if you read the Christmas letter, I am following my brother's advice.

So, we met on Match's website. We had just a few emails back and forth before he gave me his number. Two days later (Thursday) we were able to catch up via phone. All I can say is Thank God for free Mobile to Mobile minutes or I would be in serious trouble. As of Monday, we have spent 195 minutes on the phone. Of course last night’s call was probably around two hours. So, Thursday night was the first time that we talked and then we met Friday night for a drink after I got off at Lowe's.

Long story short - I had a great time. We just chatted away and then for part of the night we ended up playing pool with some other couple that was at the bar. For the record, I might be good at math but I don't get the degrees in pool and I suck. We were enjoying the conversation so much that suddenly it was almost 2 a.m. and time for the bar to close. Uggggh! We ended up talking in the parking lot until 2:30ish before we went our separate ways. He called a little before 3 to make sure that I got home ok. I think even then it was another 10 minute conversation. All I know is that I was finally in bed by 3:30 am and that alarm forcing me out of bed by 630 am really, really, really sucked!

So the downside of everything right now is that he is working on a job in Dallas. He is planning on staying up there this weekend so I won't get to see him for another week. He invited me to come up for the weekend but I don't know if I am ready for that. Part me wants to go because I don't want to wait two weeks to see him but the part doesn't like the pressure that comes with going out of town so early. Decisions, decisions.
But, for the time being, enjoying the conversations and I am definitely excited to see where things go with NoDIY.

1 comment:

Rockin Austin said...

WOOHOO!!! This is good!