Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Waning

Well we are officially 18 days into 2011 and my motivation is already waning for the New Year's Resolution Goals.  Now I admit that three days of cold and rain did not help any motivation at all but that is winter.  What should be surprising about that.

Then again, the more I think about things, I really can't say that my goals are waning, my effort to some degree is waning.  I get frustrated and tired of things being the way they are.  I have these goals out there and I seem to get frustrated because I can't hit them and then I either lose focus or just give up.  So, is it that my goals are just too big?  Or do I need smaller goals to go with it?  Maybe a combination of both? 

So, my original goals for 2011 were as follows:
  •  Reach a healthy weight I can maintain by year end
  • Maintain $1,000 in savings as an emergency fund
  • Get off my happy meds
  • Walk the dogs consistently
  • Pay off credits cards and/or put a significant dent in all my debt
  • Take stairs
So, obviously a few of them are easy to obtain.  The stairs, well I work on the 3rd floor of my office building and with the exception of twice, I have take the stairs both up and down every day, multiple times.  Some days I even throw in a hike up to the roof top access, all the way back to ground and then back to my floor.  Now, when it comes to Vegas - we might need to reconsider.

Walk the dogs - again another easy one.  Yesterday we logged 3.0 miles in the sunshine.  Both they and myself needed it.  Being cooped up in a house because it was raining and they couldn't run and play made for some extra energy for all of us.

The emergency fund and debt - that I am reaching out to my online group for support.  If I put my debt here and made it known, I think a few people would have a heart attack.  I do know that when the day comes that I dig out of this, still own my house and my car, I might have a case for writing my own book!  I definitely have some yearly calendar ideas that I think would be much more useful to managing daily to do's, bills that are do, debt, etc.

Finally, the healthy weight is where you mystery readers all come in.  I know you secret lurkers are out there.  Weight Watchers isn't working for me.  I "know" what I need to do and just don't log my stuff.  I figure I can cheat today and tomorrow I'll make up for it but then tomorrow comes and I cheat again.  A vicious cycle that never ends. So, I have set some smaller goals so that healthy weight doesn't seem so far off.  The first is 180 by Feb 10th.  That gives me 24 days.  The next is 170 which is by mid April, again far enough out. 

Now - how can you help me?  First, I am going to do my best to post my updates on the following every day summarizing how I did the previous day: Eating, Exercise, Cleaning and Money.  Knowing you read this helps!  Secondly, I am going to post my weekly weigh in and Photo! Knowing that my fat rolls are out here for all the world to see, well if that doesn't motivate me to lose them faster, I don't know what will.  On a monthly basis, I also provide my inches and loss to date.  It might seem like too much or not enough to you but for me I need it.  I work with an office of guys that might not even notice if I chopped my hair let alone discuss weight loss and I live by myself and outside of those brown eyes of Finnegus begging for a walk, no one cares in that house what size I am. 

So, we are going for blowing the waning out of the water and hopefully y'all can kick my ass along the way!

1 comment:

Rockin Austin said...

Yay!! In stead of MS150 I think we should do Shiner. :) I'll help you in whatever way I can sista!