Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 1 - Your Current Relationship

Day 1 - Your current relationship, if single discuss how single life is.

Dear God, why would this question be the first one?  I loathe the single life.  There, I said it.  I hate every moment of it.  It never use to bother me.  Maybe it is the biological clock factor?  Maybe it is the fact that almost all my friends are married and/or have kids and I have none of the above.

I don't know why it bothers me so much.  For so much of my life I was free, independent and loving life just the way it was.  Then, there was the EX.  Now, we know at the end of the day, that relationship was 0% healthy for me and no way it was going to work.  But, there were good days and for a good period there was more good than there was bad.  It was the first very serious relationship I had and the first guy that I ever lived with.  There were so many things that just were during those good times that I miss.

Having someone to go home to.  That best friend you can tell anything to that is there just for you.  That person that just knows when you need a hug and you don't even need to ask for it.  Someone to cook for and share dinner with.  Someone that checks in with you every day just to wanting to know how your day is.
Being single, all of those things are missing.  Today, or at least the last five guys I have dated or have shown interest in are concerned with one thing....SEX.  They don't want a relationship, they just want no strings attached, booty call sex.  I just hope that after waiting all of these years, the chance at finding the one hasn't slipped through and the time has passed.

No comments: