Monday, June 13, 2011

Blogging Project - Day 15

My view on mainstream music



In reality - I love all music.  I'll listen to it all.  My iPod will even attest to that.  Probably the only difference today from a few years ago, is that I listen to less classical music.  In college, that was my choice to study to.  I take that back, it wasn't really a choice.  I couldn't study to quiet, couldn't study while watching tv, and if it was anything other than classical music, I found myself singing along and not really "reading" what I was suppose to.
 
There is some music that I do listen to in moderation, I just can't stand a ton of it.  Heavy metal and heavy rap.  Otherwise, it is all fair game.  At home, my bathroom radio is set to one of the current Country radion stations.  I think I have stuck with this one, more because they have a routine, they do things at certain times and honestly, I can tell if I am running ahead of schedule or behind schedule without even looking at the clock.  The station on the receiver in the living room is set to Top 40.  I have to have something fun to clean to!  The car, well it rotates.  Most mornings I am still half asleep on the way in and do not want to hear anyone talking!  I just want music and to be able to stay in sleep mode as long as possible!
 
 

This is one of my favorite pictures of me.  Of course thank you goes out to my cuz for creatively editing out my Ex.  :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had a pretty awesome weekend!  Saturday morning I headed South to tube the Comal River with some friends.  It has turned into an annual trip that happens around a friends birthday!  Needless to say - there was a LOT of fun had and a lot of alcohol that was drank.  After spending the day on the river, we ended up camping up near Canyon Lake.  I wish we would of had more time up there because we set up shop after it was dark and it was beautiful to see in the morning.  Hopefully I will have some pictures that one can share soon.  Yesterday was a recovery day with some cleaning and yard work thrown in the mix.  Today - I am exhausted and feel like I never slept.  Ugggh....love Monday's.
 
But, the good news is that I only have two more Monday's and then VACATION.  So excited to just have time off!  Momma keeps asking me what my plans are and I just want to enjoy some down time!!  No alarms.  No meetings.  Just Maddox time, family time and friend time.  I don't care about the particulars, let's just enjoy it!

No comments: