Monday, June 6, 2011

Blogging Project - Day 13

Funny how life gets in the way sometimes.  Of course - I find in fun when my mom points out I haven't been blogging.  At least I know someone is reading it - right?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somewhere you'd like to move or visit


I find this one interesting because five years ago, I would of told you me moving would be from one apartment to another or to a house; never would it be to a new city or state.  But, I did take a leap and moved to Texas and while there will always be some doubt about the move based upon how things have worked out, I couldn't imagine not living here.  Is there a move in my future?  I don't have the answer to that question and it isn't something that I will ever rule out.  Life presents new opportunities at any time and sometimes you just need to take them and enjoy the ride.

As for where I would like to visit?  I honestly want to say that I have vacationed in all 50 states by the time that I die.  Will that happen?  I don't know.  I know there is plenty to see and do in the US that most take for granted.  It would not be appropriate to live life without camping in Yellowstone National Park!  I also know that I would like to visit some luxury vacation spots as well - I mean The Virigin Islands, Costa Rica, Australia - I'm not greedy.  Of course - we do have a tenative schedule to go to an all-inclusive resort in Mexico in order to celebrate my parents 40th Wedding Anniversary, my 40th Birthday and my brother's 5 year wedding anniversary.  It only means one thing people - start saving - you have 2 1/2 years before we party!!

But in reality - as much as I would like those vacation spots, in reality most of my vacation is spent with the important people in my life - my family & friends.  Maybe one of these days I can get my family to pick one of those vacation spots like camping in Yellowstone versus me driving back to Nebraska.  However, until that happens, I am perfectly content with a 12 hour drive to see my awesome peeps!

Auntie Jenn & Maddox on his first Birthday!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life Note - In reality just a lot of the same old, same old.  I had a fabulous memorial weekend!  The highlight was spending Monday at Lake Travis with some friends.  Of course, it didn't matter how much sunscreen one puts on when you spend four hours in the water - you still end up fried!  We were out on the water for 7 hours and you haven't seen anything until you see 100's of boats tying off to each other.

The big pieces I dug up!
This past weekend was spent "installing" my new purchase, a 10 foot Bradford Pear tree.  Let's just say one thing - this sucks in Texas.  Any digging requires at least an axe of some sort.  Apparently there is a bar of some sort that would of made life easier too.  In the end I don't recommend doing this when it is a 100 degrees out and you are digging through lime stone - it sucks.  But, if you didn't see the pics on facebook, here are the most important three:

My new tree & mound of dirt & rock!

Yup - this is me still smiling after it all!

No comments: