Friday, May 27, 2011

Blogging Project Day 12 - Your earliest memory

Hmmm - okay well I have a few early memories from my times back in the big town of Monroe, NE.


For whatever reason, one of my memories is that I always had dreams that the Incredible Hulk was coming down the country road and he was going to get me. He was always green and angry. I only lived there until I was 5 and really, I don't even know - was The Incredible Hulk on in 1978?

Of course, my true memory was with my dad and softball. For some reason, I think that I was around 3 at the time and only know that because of what I was probably told. In any event, my dad played fast pitch on the local men's town team in Platte Center. My memory is vague but I think he had a broken ankle or something at the time. I think he even might have been on crutches at the time.

In any event, we headed to the Polish Pub (I don't know what it was called then), aka the bar. I remember at some point my dad asking me if I was ready to go home. I recall that I was having fun playing with my friends and wasn't ready to go home and told him that. Who asks this question of a child? Especially one under the age of 5? All I know is that I remember when I finally got tired and told him I was ready to go home, he told me I had my chance; he wasn’t ready to go now. I was stuck.

I do believe this story might have two different morals to it. One, if you are given a chance for leaving, take it because you might never get it again. Two, pushing a few chairs together makes a wonderful interim bed, so long as your parents know where you are. Why is that important? Years later at my Cousin Russ' wedding, I made use of the stack of chairs for an early bed time, unfortunately nobody knew where I was and I was temporarily "lost". Who says Schmidt's are not resourceful at an early age?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life Note - Life is so much better than it was earlier in the week. My attitude it just to embrace it, love it and roll with it. Everything will always work itself out in God's time and well that has been happening this week. I got to catch up with Vanilla Horndog earlier in the week. As I was telling HairDresser last night, he is my perfect match, has those qualities that I would look for and he is someone I truly have respect for. However, his priorities right now are his two girls, which he has full custody of his 14 year old and a 50/50 of his 5 year old. The timing sucks and I don't know if and when the timing will ever be there. But as wise HairDresser reminds me, timing is just that, it will work out in the end if it is meant to. So, in the mean time, I am rolling with it and no regrets.

I also have declared this good news Friday. So far some things I have been waiting on have been popping up (in God’s time). So, I hope that they work out and in the end I will be in a much better place. Please say your prayers!

BTW - if you are reading this via email and wonder who Vanilla Horndog or HairDresser is, I have a new tab called "My Peeps" on the blog. I am trying to summarize all of these nicknames so you can keep track of them. As my wise momma points out, I have gone out with so many guys recently; it is hard to keep track of which is which. Hugs & Luv....have a great Holiday Weekend Y'all! Hopefully my liver doesn't hate me by Monday!

No comments: