Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Blogging Day Project - Day 11

My first love and first kiss

Hmmm, my first love and my first kiss.  Honestly, I really don't know where the first kiss was had or with who.  I grew up in a neighborhood with boys and was more of a tomgirl.  Although, we did play house when I was younger so maybe there was a kiss or two in there.

Now my first love, well that was Shane Burke.  Looking back at it, I really don't ever get why my parents let me go out with him, he was so much older.  Maybe because I was just so innocent at the time and so afraid to get into trouble.  It was the McDonald's romance, where we both worked.  He and his sister acutally both worked there and I think I was friends with his sister first.  I really didn't know that he was interested in me until McDonald's had called my house to let me know a dozen roses had been delivered there for me from someone and since I didn't work that day I should come get them.  Of course, this happened during the school day so my dad got to go.  All I could think of was how embarassing. 

He was four years older than me and really at the end of the day it is probably why it didn't work.  Of course, ironically it was his mom that broke up with me.  One of my friends saw him crusing "O" Street when I was out of town for softball.  He wouldn't take my calls after that and that is basically when his mom said something along the lines of move along, he isn't worth it.  I still managed to stay friends with his sister but even then, that relationship came to an end.

The cutiest part of the story is that my little brother, Shane, was only 7 at the time.  This break up was devastating for him.  See, Shane (BF) would come and pick him up and do things with him too.  I remember when he found out that he wasn't going to be coming around anymore, he wanted to know if that meant Shane wouldn't do anything with him anymore too. 

For the record, I stayed fast with being a Virgin until I was 21.  I won't say there was a few bases thrown in there, but nothing happened with.  Then again, maybe it was because my mom sat me down and gave me this leacture about if I decided to become sexually active, to let her know so I could get put on birth control.  What?  I am just going out on my first ever date mom.  I think that scared me and I didn't go there else I explained it to mom.  (LOVE YA Ma!) 

I still scratch my head knowing my parents let me date a 20 year old when I was 16. 

No comments: