Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Blogging Project - Day 8

A moment I felt the most satisfied with my life

Hmmm - In reality I don't know that I am "officially" at that point.  There are just things in life right now that I want to accomplish that I haven't.  Really my biggest goal right now is to get rid of Lowe's and just be able to relax and enjoy life.  So, I think that is really the point that I can say I am satisfied with my life.

That said, I think the biggest milestone of my life was the day I finish my first Triathlon, The Rookie.  It was a race I did on my own.  Outside of riding along with my mentor from Team & Training, I really didn't know anyone from the group well because I missed most of the training sessions because of work.  So, here I was at my first Triathlon, not really knowing anyone, not really knowing how it would end up and not really having a support system there - which was a first for me.

At the end of the day, I finished!  It might not of been fast, it might not of been pretty but I finished.  It made me realize that I can do anything I put my mind to.  I grew up playing softball with my dad right there and realized that I could be an athlete without my dad pushing me.  It was also at the moment of crossing the finish line that I realized that I was a survivor.  I survived the hand of the Ex and I emerged on the other side.  I was going to be OKAY in Texas on my own.  I was a lot stronger than I ever gave myself credit for!

So, while I am not satisfied 100% with my life, I can say that I am okay with exactly where I am at.  Will it be a LOT better when I don't work 7 days a week, 60 hours a week - ABSOLUTELY.  But, until I no longer have that cross to bear, I am going to remind myself what it was like to cross that finish line and all the other finish lines since then!


No comments: