Monday, April 5, 2010

Shut Down Mode

Back home at my old gig, we referred to this mode when someone (we know who) was in one of those modes that didn't care and didn't do anything. Since the debacle with Sgt. Drama, I feel like I have been living in that mode. Work not so much, home life, yes. I am trying to kick myself out of it, but not making much headway.
My "holiday" weekend started Thursday at 2. Yeah for having a cool boss that sends us out early when it is dead. That being said - I still didn't get home until after 6. Went to the allergy doctor for my shots, then had the dreaded female doctor's appointment. They called and said "it's nothing to worry about" but I had an abnormal pap and they wanted to recheck in 3 months. Obviously they didn't read my chart to know my history of pre-cervical cancer changes, all the crap I went through about 10 years ago. But that is for another day. Of course, being April's Fools day - babies were being born left & right. That translated into my appointment being almost an hour late by the time the doctor saw me. It was short, definitely not sweet, and then he was off because a patient was having complications. I finally left the office at 5 from a 3:45 appointment. From there, it was off to get a haircut and my hour of Stylist’s therapy. Just a trim but love the entertainment that comes with it.
Friday I was in slow motion. But, I did manage to thoroughly clean two rooms of the house and start on the other two. Normally I just mop or swifter my wood floors. But in the movement of spring - I got on the hands & knees and scrubbed. Who knew one has so many dust bunnies. At 5, it was off to Lowe's.
Saturday was a beautiful day. I had to work until 3 at Lowe's and the shift really flew by just because it was so busy - everyone is in spring mode. I went home and worked on cleaning some more. Then I met Install back at Lowe's with Guinness & Finnegan. We headed to Town Lake to do the 4 mile trail. It was my first time taking both dogs and I don't know if I will take them both again. I think it took a 1/2 hour for them just to calm down and walk. Ugggh! I had a nice time with Install and we are going to make it a weekly Saturday thing.
Sunday - well I just couldn't find the heart to go to Church. I know - it is Jesus day. But, the Christers (Christmas/Easter goers) come out and it is this big family thing. I was by myself. No family to go with and everyone else was working. So, I skipped it. I do feel bad but until you are in that position, you just don't know what it is like. I did spend the day outside working in the yard once the drizzle cleared out. I was quite proud of my repairing of the fence. Finnegan has taken to eating through the fence to get to the dogs on the other side he does not like. So, I had to replace 8 boards and only managed to smack my thumb once. Yeah me! I potted knew flowers in my containers and made sure all my perennials were coming up. Ironically, a Hosta that died midsummer last year came back up but one that I had all summer hasn't reappeared. Weird.
After all that, I grilled myself a fine Ribeye and settled in with a cocktail and The Hangover. Definitely need to buy this movie! Love it!

1 comment:

Rockin Austin said...

Sorry, it took me a while to catch up with your blog. 1. Love the suit and dress, bet they looked fabulous. 2. Sorry about the boy. Are you going to keep in touch while he's away? 3. Wow, Spring cleaning girl! Maybe you can help me replace some of my fence boards that Syd has eaten...in the attempt to get at the dog that she doesn't like on the other side of the fence...yep, I have one too...