Monday, December 13, 2010

30 Days of Blogging - Day 3

Day 3 -A picture of you and your friends.

As I am sure that all of you won't mind of posting some old photos with new photos. 

This first picture is from my crazy days of the 20s and 30s.  This picture was take seven years ago and is on the beaches of Hawaii.  Yes, five single girls took on Hawaii.  It wasn't my "skinniest" time, but I was in pretty good shape and had the confidence to wear a two piece back then!  If I could only get back to that weight! 

Now, for some of my now friends.  I say they are now friends because realize it or not, they have been there for me through some of the most difficult days of my life and are still here today!

The first is DC.  She and I met a zillion years ago on a weight loss board.  Honestly have no idea what the name of the group is.  We have only been able to hang a few times in person with her being in DC, but we talk almost daily!  We have definitely had some crazy, crazy conversations over the years and have battled this weight together.  Up for Twinkie's anyone?  (Only DC will understand that one!


The last picture I want to share is with Runner.  Ironically we met on the Weight Watcher's board.  She was on the Austin group with me and by the time we decided to meet it, we found out that our offices were right by each other!  The bad news, it was my last week at that job.  But, Runner was my first friend in Austin and she amazes me!  She wa a rock for me during some of my lowest points here in Austin and let me just be me when I needed it the most!  I love her for that!  When I was training to do the Cap Tex Triathlon, she was a faithful riding partner!  It was during those rides, I talked her into doing a Triathlon and this picture was from her first one, the Couple's Tri!  Today, she runs circles around me, training and doing so many Triathlons it makes my head spin.  I idol her abilities and she plain ROCKS!  Once I can kick this part-time job to the curb, I hope that I can join her in a few more Tri's!  I love that we can have a great time together and the best part of the friendship is that we can get in a sold 15 mile bike ride and catch up!

I have had so many friends that have been my rock when I needed it, dating all the way back to High School.  Sadly - I don't have any pictures of them, funny how I avoid the camera but don't mind taking pictures of others!  They know who they are and I appreciate all the love and support they have given me over the years!

No comments: