Thursday, December 23, 2010

30 Days of Blogging - Day 7

Day 7 - A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you.

I think that it is safe to say that my mom has had the biggest impact on me.  Both of my parents have but some days those long distance calls are easier with my mom.  If you have every talked to my dad on the phone, you'll understand.

Of the years of my life, there are probably only a couple I wish I could have back.  Obviously my teenage years were one.  It wasn't until I was the high school/teenage coach and being the mediator for the girls did I understand what I put my mom through.  Then there were the few years I was blinded by a certain boy.  In the end, it didn't hurt my mom and I's relationship but there were those years that I missed talking to her, gaining advise and wisdom from her that I can't get back.  Of course, in the end when I was seeing clearly, I learned that she had my best interest at heart and my family just could see what was best for me and unfortunately I did not.

She is my BFF.  I talk to her every day on my way home from work, without fail.  Some days it is just a two minute call to say hi, other days it is a 30 or 45 minute call.  We can talk about everything from how the day is going to some of my biggest problems.  Whenever we have the chance to see each other in person, it feels like a blessing since 800 miles separate us today.  Of course, the goodbye and going home is always the hardiest on us and definitely results in tears being shed, however, as Grandma Schmidt would say, it isn't goodbye, it is see you soon!  Love you Mom!

No comments: