Tuesday, December 14, 2010

30 Days of Blogging - Day 4

Day 4 - A habit that you wish you didn't have.
 
Wow.  Which habit do I have that isn't bad?  But then again, if it is so bad, why do I still do it, why don't I change it?  What part of change is so scary that one allows themself to continue with a bad habit?  Why can I admit that it is a bad habit, but then do nothing to change it?  Maybe it is the procrastination habit that leads them all.  But at the end of the day, it is my weight that bothers me most and sinks my spirit the most, so lets go with that. 
 
I am an emotional eater.  No doubt about it.  It is my comfort when I am lonely.  It is my thing when I am bored.  It is my fix for my sad days.  It is there to celebrate.  Honestly, it is just always there and I don't want to blame my family, but I think a lot starts there.  I come from that large extended family that does not know how to gather without food and none of it is healthy.  Family gatherings are all day grazing events.  So, now that I admit that is bad habit number one, I need to work on changing that and finding other ways to recognize periods in my life.

No comments: